United States of America
IN301: 1010 Production Rd Ft Wayne IN 1010 Production Road , Fort Wayne, IN, 46808 USA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is seeking an experienced onsite Technical Support Engineer to work on the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) International programs as part of the Systems Test and Integration (SI&T) directorate in our Fort Wayne, Indiana office site. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer to join the fast paced and exciting Raytheon team.
SI&T, Early Warning Radars & C2 Systems (EWR&C2) Department is made up of several disciplines that influence product designs early in the development life cycle providing software testing and integration for various Field Artillery Command and Control (C2) software products. The team also provides integration and installation support for the systems at the customer field sites. Lastly, this team develops and conducts training on the AFATDS International and related products to the customer at customer training facilities.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Support system level integration and test planning, design, and execution
- Develop and prepare detailed integration and verification plans, procedures, and test cases
- Perform integration and test activities at Raytheon and US/International customer locations
- Full integration level and system level testing of the current set of AFATDS and Mobile Command and Control (MC2) software applications
- Install and integrate software products on customer equipment
- Develop training plans and conduct training lessons for the AFATDS and MC2 products
- Develop Training Products and Technical Manuals in to meet customer standards
- Evaluating, troubleshooting and documenting system defects of AFATDS International and MC2 products
- Troubleshoot system integration, networking and security issues that may be outside the normal domain of the AFATDS and MC2 application software.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires 5+ years of professional experience in the field of engineering or related technical discipline
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or related technical degree OR 9+ years of professional experience in lieu of a technical degree. An advanced degree in a related field can be substituted for years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience, or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience
- Travel to US and OCONUS locations to support software demonstrations, software installations, and end user training events (Expected travel 30-40% of time)
- Experience with military command and control applications such as AFATDS, Cannon Fire Control Systems, and/or Rocket/MLRS Fire Control Systems
- Experience as a software test engineer or field engineer participating in military exercises as a trainer and troubleshooter
- Experience supporting military operations at BDE, Battalion or lower
- Familiarity with military networking and Tactical Operations Center operations.
Qualifications We Value:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
- 6+ years of experience in military operations at Battalion or Battery/Company level operations. Cannon or Rocket experience is a plus
- Certified Military Trainer (Army, USMC, Air Force, etc.). Preferably Artillery Training.
- Experience developing military Training and Technical Manual products
- Experience troubleshooting software applications to identify operational issues affecting system functions
- Detailed experience and knowledge of Artillery Command and Control functions, capabilities and activities and how the automated systems support the Artillery operations
- Working knowledge of Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, combat net radio, LAN network topologies, and troubleshooting procedures
- Valid US Passport
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms