Aerospace TIG Welder / Fabricator - Spokane/Airway Heights
Tracking Code 3302-804 Job Description Aerospace TIG Welder / Fabricator - Spokane/Airway Heights
Applies advanced welding processes to join sheet metal aircraft components as specified by written instructions, weld schedules and drawings. Visually and dimensionally inspects completed work for conformance to verbal/written instruction and specifications. Works well as a team member and seeks clarification to refine welding techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes advanced welding tasks while applying standard practices.
- Understands when Q/E or Engineering needs to be called in for product or process evaluation.
- Properly prepares weld surfaces.
- Interprets and follows written instructions, sketches, weld schedules, drawings and documents.
- Performs all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
- Trains others in multiple areas and on a variety of skills.
- Repairs parts.
- Develops new jobs.
- Masters most fitting of assemblies.
- Improves processes and tools.
- Provides some input on tool design.
- Regularly evaluates his/her own product quality for continuous improvement.
- Resolves most challenges and problems, referring the most complex to higher levels.
- May oversee others.
- Successfully complete the Exotic Metals TIG weld training program and/or have equivalent experience.
- Hold Welder Operator Certification.
- Hold most of the Exotic Metals weld qualification.
- Meets or exceeds operations standards for efficiency.
Required Experience Skills and Experience:
- Capable of gaining certifications easily and can quickly apply them to production.
- Can move to various work areas easily with experience.
- Fully proficient in interpreting router operations, sketches, blueprints, and specifications, including views, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), symbols, and revision control.
- Few limitations but knows what they are and stops and finds appropriate interpretation when necessary.
- Must be able to use mathematics relevant to welding functions.
- Requires familiarity with machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
- Requires good manual dexterity.
Use of protective clothing, goggles, helmets with protective lenses, and other equipment to prevent burns and eye injuries.
The welder performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.
Exotic Metals Forming, Division of Parker Aerospace is committed to non-discrimination in employment and other opportunities. Exotic Metals Forming, Division of Parker Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Job Location Airway Heights, Washington, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular ** Apply**