Aerospace Technician, 3rd Shift
We are mission critical
Beyond Gravity, headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, is the first startup to combine agility, speed and innovation with decades of experience and proven quality. Around 1600 employees at 12 locations in six countries (Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Germany, USA and Finland) develop and manufacture products for satellites and launch vehicles with the goal of advancing humankind and enabling the exploration of the world and beyond. Beyond Gravity is the preferred supplier of structures for all types of launch vehicles and a leader in selected satellite products and for constellations in the New Space sector.
Beyond Gravity is seeking talented and experienced Aerospace Technicians to join our diverse team. We’re looking for responsible applicants with self-starting friendly attitudes that can work as a team member or independently.
• Machining/Completion Technician Duties
• Perform installing and torquing of fasteners, drilling, ream and counter sink, installation of rivets, measuring and shimming interfaces to close tolerances, click bond applications, and separation systems, as well as demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment
• Perform manufacturing tasks required to prepare, transport, install, and certify ordnance components and separation systems.
• Perform painting of flight products, tooling, and furnishings, and operate sealed paint booths • Perform installation of electrical harnesses, instrumentation, doors, ductwork, and other subassemblies and components
• Prepare, package, and transport aerospace products, subassemblies, and components within the factory and to Customer sites
• Integrate thermal shelter and acoustic protection panels
• Experience with mixing, handling, and applying various bonding adhesive and epoxies.
• Must be able to work with shop power tools (i.e., drills, saws, routers, sanders, huck guns, etc.)
• Must be able to use measurement tools (i.e., scales, calipers, torque wrenches, etc.)
• Ability to read and understand drawings, multi-level build of materials (BOMs), Assembly Procedures, and Manufacturing Work Instructions (MWIs)
• Maintain clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions, routine maintenance and daily cleanup of work area that supports 5S and FOD
• Preform all work according to established standards and safety procedures in accordance with quality requirements in AS9100 certified environment
• Must be able to work with material handling equipment (i.e., forklift, overhead crane, man lifts, etc.)
• Maintain proper storage and handling of flight hardware material
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Have a minimum of one year mechanical and/or production experience preferred
• Assembly / Integration background preferred
• Aerospace composites certification or degree preferred
• Lift and carry up to 50lbs
• Previous composite and/or lightweight construction experience is preferred
• Safety minded, Understanding of safety rules and regulations, Lean, Six Sigma, and continuous improvement concepts.
• High attention to detail
• Willing to work flexible hours and over time to meet customer requirements
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
Beyond Gravity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Did we spark your interest in this exciting position? Then we look forward to receiving your online application.
Recruiter/HR Manager: Chalanah Wilson | https://beyondgravity.com