Your Role: What you'll be doing
This work is typically done by machine operators, of vertical lathe, hemi mill, skin mill) brake operators, assembly/metal fitters, welders, chemical processors, structure mechanics, composite structure mechanics, assembly technicians, system installers and testers, avionics installers and testers, non-destructive test technicians, Production Acceptance Test technicians, Thermal Insulation technicians and painters.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Any additional requirements that apply are described under Your Background: what skills you'll need
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off. Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.COVID Vaccination Policy.
ULA has adopted a vaccination policy to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All prospective, newly hired, and/or onboarding employees must receive the COVID-19 vaccination in full prior to their start date with ULA. Vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless otherwise exempted by approved reasonable accommodation.Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR).
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English
) and Right to Work poster ( English
).Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must have a Degree/Certification in Machine Tool Technology or a minimum of 2 years of experience as a CNC 5 Axis machinist
- Must be willing to work 3rd shift
- Responsible for the set-up and operation of large 3 to 5 axis CNC Vertical Turret Lathe (VTL) and CNC Gantry Milling machines for turning and milling of precision aluminum ring forgings, plate stock and Stainless Steel Sheet Stock to produce high quality production hardware:
- Set up tooling fixtures, indicating in large ring forgings and setting up Plate & Sheet stock
- Identifying cutting tool requirements, loading CNC programs, visual inspecting, hand deburring, and wash.
- Validation of CNC program configuration for rings and large pattern plate stock parts while maintaining quality requirements, parts handling and configuration buy off
- Work to specified tolerances and finishes to achieve blueprint specification of large scale rings and/or skin panels.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, 3D PDF files, detailed written work instructions, and other printed or graphical instruction.
- Understands and comprehends GD&T
- Ability to become certified in crane operations
- Ability to successfully complete the required training and receive a certification in Gantry Mill or VTL Operations certified within 90 days.
- Experience utilizing basic Machine Shop measuring equipment such as Micrometers, Calipers and Indicators.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, bend, kneel, squat, stoop, work overhead, reach above shoulder level, sit, stand, walk (sometimes on uneven surfaces), and climb.
- Ability to perform work with both hands which may involve forceful grasping, repetitive motion with low impact vibration.
- Ability to operate and work around fast moving or rotating machinery
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!