Aerospace Product Specialist (entry level) /Marketing /Business Development
Product Specialist– Torrance, CA
Product Specialist coordinates with Business Management and Applications/Design Engineering Teams to develop product solutions to customer requirements and perform research on various issues to provide expert knowledge on targeted applications or products. They must also provide commercial and technical management of specific programs, customers or product lines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Coordinate efforts between RBC Sonic and customer design engineering teams.
- Lead customer audits and work closely to ensure all necessary departments are involved, prepared, and able to support customer requests.
- Aid in the development of marketing literature.
- Continuous tracking of divisional programs and objectives.
- Assist with process and procedure improvement / implementation.
- Perform research and develop appropriate plans, analyze plans to gather all requirements and provide effective solutions.
- Provide support to marketing team and monitor development of all online tools.
- Administer lifecycle of products from conceptualization to implementation, analyze all business requirements and translate it into production.
- Monitor all inquiries and issues for products and ensure timely resolution for same, develop and execute annual Sales Forecast and ensure achievement of all objectives.
- Evaluate all customer prices and ensure compliance to guidelines and ensure maximum profit for the organization.
- Review and implement distribution channel strategies and ensure optimal utilization, coordinate with manager to develop customer retention strategies.
- Provide training to employees and ensure optimal product knowledge to effectively market to our competitive advantage.
- Develop various marketing strategies for products and ensure achievement of all market objectives and generate maximum revenue based on the RBC Business Model.
- Supervise efficient working of all phases of product development, prepare all promotional materials and manage all communication to promote product effectively in market.
- Administer product portfolio and perform competitive analysis on same and prepare appropriate strategies to position product.
- Analyze market and design various pricing strategies and position of product against competitor.
- Support the job functions of the Customer Support Team to assure that they are fulfilling the customer’s expectations and effectively representing the division.
- Assist with customer issues and help empower the CSS’s to make pricing decisions within their established approval guidelines.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job function. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing, Engineering, or related field preferred.
Minimum of two years of related experience; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Effective communication skills; write routine reports and correspondences and speak in front of employees and customers
- Critical thinking; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of obstacles in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Comprehensive skills; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works indoors within the office and manufacturing areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate or loud. Also, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or to hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.