Aerospace Engineer II
Join Our Team
At Textron Systems, our talented team makes us successful, and we promote an inclusive environment that values individuality, differences, and unique perspectives. Ideal candidates are:
We offer an array of benefits to help employees thrive professionally and personally, including:
- Matching 401k
- Tuition assistance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 9/80 work schedule
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness program (including fitness reimbursement)
- Career development & training opportunities
- Employee resource groups that support our drive for inclusion
- Mentoring, and more
This role is in Air Systems; one of the domains within At Textron Systems, we provide enduring solutions for a complex world. Our employees make a difference as part of a community that is 35,000 strong, of innovative thinkers, doers, and makers. This community is relied on to support the members of the armed forces who protect our country on the front lines.
As an Aerospace Engineer at Textron Systems, you will have the opportunity to work on aircraft design, integration, and test activities to support and deliver critical capabilities to the warfighter. Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of aircraft performance, stability and control, and dynamics, and thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment.
- Participate in development of new products across all phases of the hardware design lifecycle from concept development to test and evaluation.
- Providing engineering support on both proven platforms and next-generation technologies.
- Designing and developing unmanned aircraft and unmanned aircraft control systems.
- Integrating payloads and aircraft systems.
- Executing classical mass, balance, performance, and aerodynamics analyses.
- Supporting hands-on ground and flight test events in a dynamic environment.
- Using, updating, and writing aircraft performance simulation and predictive tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 2+ years related experience, OR
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 1+ years of related experience.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in using, updating, and writing code in MATLAB or related software language.
- Experience with the test and validation of unmanned aircraft is strongly preferred.
- Experience in using and writing tools for the analysis and interpretation of real-world test data.
- Experience with control system design tools such as SIMULINK is preferred.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.