Aerospace Engineer (Astrodynamics)
We are seeking an Sr. Aerospace Engineer (Astrodynamics) professional to join our Astrodynamics team to support modeling and simulation and astrodynamics software development. The ideal candidate must have experience coding orbit propagation and estimation algorithms and performing research in space domain awareness.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to understand orbital mechanics, to include propagation, propulsion, and error estimation to solve a variety of aerospace engineering problems.
- Ability to model sensor measurements and perform and analyze orbit determination.
- Ability to quickly learn new sensor phenomenology for experimental applications.
- Ability to design engineering experiments for the purpose of understanding system design impacts or identifying optimal parameter settings.
- Ability to explain and effectively communicate complex engineering analyses and studies to government and corporate management.
- Ability to establish a plan for a project and to accomplish goals embodied by the plan.
- Ability to contribute to team efforts or to operate completely independently.
- At a minimum, a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or other related fields.
- 3 to 15 years of experience performing astrodynamics algorithm development, modeling, and simulation
- Must be a US citizen
- Background in space domain awareness is desired
- Education and/or expertise on cislunar astrodynamics
- Experience developing software in Matlab and C++
- Statistics background
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.