Gashouse/Machine Operator- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Shift
The Gashouse Operator is responsible for the cleanliness, operation, and maintenance of all gashouse tools and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet pre-shift with shift supervisor regarding schedule, goals, quality & safety concerns
- Meet daily with maintenance manager and gashouse lead person to discuss gas house downtime and offer solutions
- Perform daily gashouse inspections for cleanliness, cGMP’s, and operational readiness.
- Perform all scheduled preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance as necessary
- Contributes accurate comments to detailed gas house downtime report
- Maintain gas house action registers and shift logs.
- Identify product quality defects caused in the gas house and initiate corrective action
- Perform inspections on change parts to ensure they are operational, clean, and burr free
- Conduct all gashouse changeovers
- Trouble shoot extended downtime issues in gas house
- Identify, analyze, and correct gas house production rate barriers
- Follow and enforce all Safety/GMP guidelines
Additional Duties and responsibilities
- Assist gashouse lead person in training new gas house personnel
- Assist Line Mechanics with line change over if available
- Assist Line Mechanics with line repairs if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be Competent and Attentive
- Effective organizational and task prioritization skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English competently
- Customer focused; Must be flexible in dealing with others in the organization, and with work assignments/projects
- Must be capable of both creative thought and deductive reasoning
- Self-motivated; Ability to work independent of supervision
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and move as needed to perform job duties for length of shift.
- Excellent attendance
- Team player
High School Diploma or GED
1-2 years of general aerosol/machine operator line experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of mechanical systems, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, and basic understanding of electronic controls