Job Posting End Date:2022-01-10-08:00
--The Strategic Marketing Manager is the Market Thought Leader for the Aerospace BU, and leads development and execution of Aerospace BU Strategy. She/he maintains a deep knowledge of the market and leads marketing plans that align with that market vision. These initiatives are based on a thorough understanding of the market, on research and analysis of the business and on competitive understanding of new product opportunities developed with voice of the customer "VoC" input to solve real customer problems.
• Develops marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena
• Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace
• Leads market research activities, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs
• Establishes pricing strategies
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree and 4-6 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree) or a higher level degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Doctorate degree)
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Leads the annual Aerospace BU Strategic Planning activity.
Develops BU strategic direction based on deep knowledge of the market. Creates compelling market analyses and models included in BU report out presentations
Analyzes and reports out on market trends / new market opportunities across various segments to identify market needs and the impact of various market events on the business.
Develops value chain definition, customer segmentation, competitive landscape to define where to play and how to win
Keeps the business apprised of the capabilities that may contribute to solving new and anticipated market needs
Supports the development of product, market and technology roadmaps with compelling market / customer value propositions
Owns, develops and executes BU marketing plans in coordination with Product Managers and Sales teams. Budgets, plans and executes marketing activities including shows, websites, social media, press releases, advertising, trainings, customer presentations and other promotional actions.
Owns lead generation from the marketing side, in coordination with Sensata Corporate Communications. Monitors quantity and quality of leads. Establishes metrics for improvement.
Works with marketing communication teams to develop the key market personas for different product capabilities. Develops content and targeted campaigns to achieve the revenue and product growth objectives. Works to annual goals monitored with metrics.
Identifies potential partnerships or M&A required to support growth objectives
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.