WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Salary Range: $115,000 - $146,000 annually, plus bonus eligibility
Summary: In a position of generally supervised design and research, possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of golf club design and computer-based modeling tools to complete complex projects for the Titleist golf club franchise. Plans, conducts, and coordinates research and/or design programs to discover and validate product opportunities necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Reviews with management to evaluate complex project opportunities in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Works with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field and preferably an advanced degree. (Non-engineers assume Product Designer title).
- Minimum 8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer aided drafting software (Unigraphics) packages.
- Working knowledge of office computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Golf Club CAD Design experience is preferred, but not required.
- Reviews with management to define design platform specifications and develops 3-D CAD models with an emphasis on creating complex technologies and projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches for next generation Titleist golf clubs. Pursues comprehensive patents in previously unexplored areas by submitting invention records and actively supporting intellectual property efforts. Maintains comprehensive knowledge of state-of-the-art golf club design methods, USGA golf club product specification regulations, competitive specifications, patents, and trends.
- Plans, coordinates, and creates necessary engineering and technical documentation to facilitate communication and support to Design, Product Development Engineering, Research, Testing, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing. Possess and applies comprehensive knowledge of computer-based programs to enable communication.
- Reviews with management to evaluate complex project opportunities in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of computer-based analysis techniques, reverse engineering, and digital sculpting tools and to verify design performance and critical variables as well as expedite research and development.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates complex CAD model qualification with vendors through prototyping and pre-production runs. Works closely with Key Asian supply chain and US suppliers for the design of new products, processes, and technologies.
- Conducts design related projects and supplies leadership and consultation to professional co-workers (particularly Jr. level associates), consultants and/or contractors as necessary.
How To Apply:
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.