Job Location: Boston, MA - ProteinSimple - Boston, MA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 10%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Research
Bio-Techne is pioneering solutions for the Cell and Gene Therapy industry from discovery to the clinic. Our innovative products accelerate cell and gene therapy innovation through simplified workflow, scalability and customization while adhering to the highest quality standards.
This hands-on role will support invention and development of novel polymeric reagents for cell activation, cell separation and other CGT applications. As part of the R&D team, this position will hold key responsibility for designing and characterizing cell culture reagents in a variety of analytical and cell-based assays. The Advance Research Associate will work collaboratively across product teams to bring new solutions to market for CGT research and clinical applications.
You’ll join a multidisciplinary R&D team of biologists, engineers and chemists focused on developing innovative tools for immunotherapies and cancer research. This role presents unique opportunity to grow diverse technical and intellectual skills in a highly dynamic and impactful environment.
We are looking for an individual who is highly motivated by our mission and technology, is self-organized, and is flexible to support a range of project within a fast-growing organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and execute immune cell culture expansion protocols to evaluate functionality of our products and prototypes.
- Develop flow cytometry panels to study cell phenotype in response to culture conditions.
- Characterize cells and hydrogel microparticles via ELISA, microscopy and other tools in support of product development objectives.
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental findings to diverse technical teams.
- Propose and complete experiments by yourself and in tandem with biologist, chemists, and engineers to develop new products for cell and gene therapy applications.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and draft technical reports to comply with good laboratory practices and standard operating procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture protocols
- Proven ability to characterize cell populations by flow cytometry, ELISA or other staining and microscopy techniques
- Demonstrated ability to conduct experiments and interpret findings to meet technical objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong documentation skills, and ability to communicate technical findings effectively in written and verbal formats.
- A track record of collaborating with others to complete projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Capability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment
- Prior exposure to GMP, ISO regulated environment is a desirable
Education and Experience
- B.S. or M.S in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or related discipline
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience working in a research laboratory
If you share our interest in developing innovative solutions for cell and gene therapies, and want to your join our rapidly growing organization, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.