- Directs and coordinates engineering activities concerned with development, procurement, installation, and calibration of instruments, equipment, and control devices required to test, telemeter, record, and reduce test data.
- Evaluating test data from prototypical verification and final product validation testing with the knowledge of solid mechanics;
- Developing testing procedures that are in conformance and certifying compliance with FMVSS standards and regulations issued by NHTSA, for the verification of product;
- Analyzing and interpreting test data using data acquisition apparatus and preparing technical reports for use engineering
and management personnel.
- Development of electronic circuits to test and verify school bus seating.
- Utilizing Faro CMM and handheld gages for measurement personnel; parts, seat frames, finished seats and also conduct part and fixture studies for the weld operation
- Evaluation of test data from validation testing.
- Analyzes and interprets test data and prepares technical reports for use by electronic engineering and management personnel.
- Confers with scientific, engineering, and technical personnel to resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions, incomplete test data and data interpretation.
- Develops or uses computer software and hardware to conduct tests on electronic products and systems.
Education and /or experience level: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or foreign equivalent education.