Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
Our Automation Solutions division has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Advanced Process Control Engineer – Mineral Processing located in Phoenix, AZ, to work collaboratively with our project teams to deliver exceptional value through the optimization of our customers’ industrial processes by design and application of various advanced automation, digitalization, and process control technologies, including: model predictive control, machine learning and data analytics, expert systems, digital twins, and dynamic process simulation.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Evaluate operating processes to identify areas for potential improvement
- Design APC solutions, including control strategies, and implement our technologies to optimize process performance
- Use simulation with first principles models to validate and benchmark new control strategies
- Collect and analyze engineering and operational plant data to build empirical dynamic process models
- Configure and tune multivariable predictive controller loops parameters
- Work with control room operators and process and instrument engineers to complete commissioning and control response tests
- Provide commissioning and start-up support for the completed optimization applications
- Set up and execute controller simulation and acceptance testing for large scope optimization projects
When selecting candidates, we will be looking for the following essential skills, abilities, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechatronic, computer, chemical, or mining engineering; or engineering physics
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in advanced process control and/or automation design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in the mining/mineral processing industry
- Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven but still able to work effectively in a team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Multiple spoken languages is a strong asset. Particularly Spanish
- Legally entitled to work in the United States
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and international locations is a must. Travel is anticipated to be 20-60%.
Other valued, but non-essential skills, abilities, and experience include:
- Industrial control system configuration
- Technical fluency in multiple languages is a strong asset. Particularly Spanish
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Simulation of industrial processes
- Proficiency with Python, R, and SQL
- Consulting engineering experience
- Instrumentation and electrical troubleshooting
- Commissioning, construction, and start-up experience
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Meaningful Work – ANDRITZ remains forefront of future engineering technologies and is committed to successfully delivering innovative, high-quality, environmentally responsible solutions to our customers, shaping the future we live in. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do!
- Full Project Involvement – Working both locally and globally in a variety of key industries, our employees follow their design throughout the entire project lifecycle: from the initial concept, right into the field for commissioning. Employees and customers are both direct benefactors of this “total commitment” approach.
- Professional and Personal Growth – As we continue to innovate and grow, so do our employees. From challenging and innovative work assignments to structured training programs, ANDRITZ provides employees with countless opportunities to grow their knowledge and be the best both professionally and personally.
- Flexible Opportunities – ANDRITZ understands that life is a dynamic balance between personal and professional and believes that a successful and fulfilling career varies between people so we offer a broad range of flexible opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.