It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Symbotic is looking for individuals who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environment. The Senior Mechanical Designer will play a hands-on role in designa and system layout for our large steel storage structures. The qualified candidate will be responsible for designing and detailing of mechanical parts, weldments and industrial structures
- Creation and documentation of complex automation system structures using Revit BIM software
- Configuration and arrangement of large scale mechanical structures related to the building or racking industry.
- Documentation of custom weldments and formed structural components.
- Familiarity in the application and limitations of machine shop practices such as but not limited to; cutting, turning, milling, grinding, boring, broaching, as well as field erection and alignment methods.
- Design for manufacturability and maintainability.
- 2-5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in building or engineering system design and/or engineering system layout is required.
- 3+ years of experience using Revit required as well as a demonstrated capability using AutoCAD 2D drafting and system layout. Familiarity with Navisworks for managing large assemblies. Familiarity with SolidWorks 3D modelling is a plus
- Ability to develop practical designs from high level concepts with generalized input from other technical staff.
- Strong demonstrated Revit based large assembly creation and drafting skills, understand and apply accepted drafting standards as well as demonstrated competence in site installation drawing creation.
- Demonstrated competence in the design and detailing of structural and mechanical parts, mechanical assemblies, weldments, and industrial structures. The following technical skills are desired:
- Strong drafting skills with high attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Use of ASME Y14.1 and/or Mil-Std-100 engineering drawing practices.
- AWS welding symbols.
- Detailed material callouts
- Full familiarity with standardized document control processes. Experience with a Product Data Management system desired.
- Experience with generation and maintenance of Bills of Material.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Field and manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Associates or equivalent degree in Engineering and/or CAD is a plus.