Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Advanced Lead Systems Engineer leads locomotive modernization and New Product Introduction projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business or is a recognized expert in a specialized field. In this role you will be responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy. The Lead Systems Engineer’s focus is to interpret and communicate system level customer product requirements to supporting subsystem groups and validate that they are met through the design review process and validation testing. In this role you will lead projects from conception to customer delivery by being the primary engineering interface between the product teams, engineering design, and manufacturing implementation.
· Ability to excel in a lean mission-based team environment though optimized designs, validation scope, and customer focused results
· Provide technical leadership for a team of engineers for all product design aspects of the assigned NPI and/or locomotive modernization projects
· Deliver strong and concise requirements and product definition to supporting engineering team
· Provide analytical analysis of overall system design with focus on design rigor and practical improvements
· Knowledge of engineering processes and tools used to create system level documentation (QSW, DOORS, PLM, Reliance)
· Organizing and performing system level validation plans on products
· Locomotive design and control system optimization required for modernization opportunities
· Support and coordinate with interfacing organizations such as commercial, proposals, manufacturing, sourcing, services, reliability, global engineering, and systems engineering
· Support service programs, fulfillment, and New Product Introduction (NPI)
· Communicate progress to all levels of the organization
· Mentor and develop less experienced personnel
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
· At least 5 years system design and integration experience
· Experience with mechanical and electrical sub-systems integration a plus
· Six Sigma training
· Strong electrical/mechanical design and analytical background
· Familiarity with manufacturing processes
· Ability to drive projects to completion
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
· North America and International legacy locomotive expertise
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.