Job Location: Atlanta - Flowery Branch, GA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Operations
By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
As an Advanced Equipment Technician, you will manage and perform preventative maintenance and routine maintenance on equipment, as well as repair any malfunctioning new and existing mid-range equipment. In order to effectively meet these objectives, you will be responsible for planning your work scheduled based on the priorities of your work orders and calendar of routine tasks.
- Perform and document scheduled preventative maintenance on mid-range equipment
- Perform single point calibration of moderate complexity
- Perform moderate repairs to malfunctioning equipment per work orders
- Perform routine inspection of equipment
- Install new and existing equipment
- Occasionally operate material handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Or, Technical or Associate degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience with biotechnology equipment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of moderately complex equipment troubleshooting and strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools
- Ability to work outside as needed
- Ability to effectively problem solve
- Ability to work effectively with computers and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple different demands
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
Why Join Bio-Techne:
- We offer competitive salaries along with extensive medical, vision, and dental plans for you and your family starting on day one!
- We invest in our employees’ financial futures through 401k matching and an employee stock purchase plan.
- We help our employees develop their careers through mentorship, promotional opportunities, training and development, internship programs, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- We offer employee resource groups, volunteer paid time off, employee events, and charity drives to build a culture of caring and belonging.
- We foster a culture of empowerment and innovation, where employees feel valued and encouraged to bring their new ideas to the table.
Where permitted by applicable law, candidate must have received or be willing to receive an FDA authorized COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for this position.
Bio-Techne is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.