The EHS Administrator is responsible for providing leadership to the CBI team in order to ensure a safe and compliant work environment.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and promote safe work practices and environmental responsibility
- Ensure that requirements for safety and environmental programs (e.g. bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, ergonomics, fire safety, first aid, lockout/tagout, RCRA, etc.) are documented in the CBI system.
- Coordinate, track, and report progress on safety and environmental projects.
- Conduct on-going/annual training as required.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of all safety incident/near miss investigations and ensure necessary countermeasures are implemented.
- Coordinate and conduct fire and severe-weather drills as CBI deems necessary, or per legal requirements.
- Coordinate safe and compliant removal of hazardous waste from the CBI premises.
- Ensure required EPA/IDEM and OSHA/IOSHA reports and notifications are submitted accurately and on time.
- Coordinate audit response and participation with relevant government/certification agencies.
- Respond to medical emergencies as a member of the CBI First Responder Team.
- Remain current and apply the understanding of FDA-ISO 13485 and quality system requirements in carrying out duties.
- Remain current and apply the understanding of relevant OSHA/IOSHA requirements.
- Remain current and apply the understanding of relevant EPA/IDEM requirements, especially those relating to CBI’s operation as a large quantity generator of hazardous waste.
- Remain current and apply the understanding of relevant DOT and FAA requirements.
- Seek new skills/knowledge relevant to CBI.
- Report time-sensitive safety, environmental, and compliance information to necessary groups/agencies as required by the CBI system and applicable laws/regulations.
- Report concerns regarding safety, environmental, and other compliance promptly to senior management.
- Recommend mitigating actions to senior management as needed.
- Lead regular CBI Safety Team meetings.
- Communicate resource needs to management.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of all required safety and environmental training for the CBI team.
- Provide periodic reports to senior management regarding safety and environmental activities/status.
- Maintain an open-door policy for all employees who wish to discuss a safety or environmental concern.
- Submit and implement incremental improvement ideas related to improving EHS throughout the company.
- Degree in related field
- Experience and understanding of applicable regulations including OSHA, RCRA.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Discretion with confidential information
- Excellent recordkeeping and documentation skills
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, climb when necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Must pass OSHA physical requirements necessary for wearing a full face respirator.
- Potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, hazardous waste, and biohazards in manufacturing and lab areas.
- Willing to work with material derived from animal tissues.
- Willing to perform other corporate duties when required.