About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: Gore products help control emissions, optimize processes, and deliver long-term value across manufacturing types. Learn more at gore.com/products/industries
About the Role: We are looking for an experienced Administrative Support Professional to join our team in the Medical Products Division. This role will require advanced administrative support skills, excellent customer service, solution-oriented thinking, and an ability to design and implement process improvements. The candidate will possess a willingness and capacity to collaborate across multiple disciplines within the business and be able to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
This position offers multiple work arrangements, including hybrid and on-site at our Appleton Central facility in Elkton Maryland.*
- Engage with both internal and external customers in a variety of ways (in-person, in secure Gore facilities, virtually, regionally, and globally)
- Anticipate and proactively assist with administrative tasks (manage calendars, coordinate travel, schedule and coordinate facilities and equipment, generate, proofread and distribute correspondence and reports, ensure data integrity, maintain databases, prepare presentations, track and file expenses, maintain team files as required, and answer & direct calls, using a variety of electronic communication systems)
- Ensure timely follow through and completion of everyday tasks, projects, communication, and correspondence while utilizing current physical and virtual technology, software, tools, and systems to support your team(s)
- Coordinate both in-person and virtual meetings & special events (logistics, agendas, meeting support, meeting minutes, meals, electronic platforms & AV coordination, travel coordination, facility and/or venue scheduling, etc)
- Analyze and anticipate the needs of your team(s) and projects and respond with proactive and creative solutions to routine and non-routine requests
- Adapt to evolving business needs, and be able to change direction with cooperation and flexibility
- Implement, coordinate, and participate in process improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with diverse teams and communicate complex information across Associates and groups
- Develop strong network and partnerships; leverage partnerships with your teammates to move business processes forward
- Professionally represent Gore and work effectively as part of a team
- Minimum 3 years of experience in one of the following roles: administrative support, executive assistant, receptionist, professional teaching, or customer service focused role
- Demonstrated experience in project follow-through from conception to completion
- Advanced knowledge and command of Microsoft Office Suite, including email and calendar management; demonstrated knowledge in other software and data management systems
- Strong organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Self-directed and motivated, with consistent drive for continued learning
- Maintain clear, engaged, and approachable telephone communication skills
- Perform administrative tasks accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of customer service, business professionalism, and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and implement new tools and technologies, exercise independent judgment and discretion, communicate effectively in both written and verbal format, coordinate multiple concurrent activities, prioritize business requests and problem solve daily business activities
- Ability to initiate and provide excellent customer service in-person and virtually
- Ability to travel 5% (required between local facilities and occasionally to offsite meetings or events)
- Accredited professional administrative certifications (e.g. PACE)
- Experience providing direct administrative support to teams of people or multiple individual contributors
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Microsoft apps such as MS Teams, SharePoint, Forms, Lists, Power BI, and Planner
*Remote Working Arrangements are permitted for Associates in the continental United States (US) and Canada, with appropriate approval and compliance with Gore’s remote working policies, from the country in which they are employed. Locations not eligible for new remote work arrangements include: Alaska and Hawaii (for all roles), and Rhode Island (for wage/hourly roles only).
What We Offer:
At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, health & well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)