With over 10,000 employees and more than a dozen brands, American Woodmark is one of the nation's largest cabinet manufacturers. By partnering with major home centers, builders, and dealers, we spark the imagination of homeowners and designer and bring their vision to life. Across our service and distribution centers, our corporate office and manufacturing facilities, you'll always find the same commitment to customer satisfaction, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
We are on a journey to encourage an inclusive Woodmark, and are taking meaningful actions to promote diverse representation across every part of the business. Together, every team member contributes to making American Woodmark a place where people can express who they are through what they do.
This position will provide Office Management and administrative support to a mid to large size service center.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Associate's degree in Office Systems Technology or related field, bachelor's degree preferred
(relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education)
* Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as an administrative assistant, office support, or clerical required
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Access and
* Ability to build business relationships and work effectively with all levels of employees within AWC
and the customer's organization
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Performs sales related report analysis and summarization
* Develops spreadsheets, forms, charts and database management
* Processes payroll paperwork for both hourly and salaried employees
* Supports the location manager with human resource administrative activities to include recruiting, HR compliance, maintenance of personnel files and training & development
* Sets up new vendors and processes check requests. Analyzes and resolves problem purchase orders
* Reviews and maintains current account receivables and payables
* Coordinates maintenance of facilities
* Oversees the recruitment process for hourly, non-exempt and entry level exempt positions.
* Responsible for monitoring and appraising employee performance of direct reports.
It may also supervise the receptionist position.
SCOPE & EXPECTATIONS:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents including financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Occasional travel required. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.