Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for more than 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
• Proactively support the MRA staff by independently handling all assigned duties, taking direction from and balancing the needs of staff members.
• Answer calls and direct to the proper persons or groups.
• Create and organize documents using Microsoft Office software.
• Be responsible for various clerical duties, heavy data entry skills, and running reports.
• Manage calendars & scheduling meetings as directed.
• Assist with staff and candidate’s travel arrangements.
• Make purchase on PCard as requested, create & submit expense reports for PCard purchases.
• Assist with special meeting / event planning and logistics (offsites, all-hands, team activities, retirement parties, etc.)
• Compile and format leadership pitches, organization communications, and other special projects.
• Coordinate and track team recognition.
• Support new employee orientation and overall onboarding.
• Manage seating charts for the site.
• Order office supplies and other site materials.
• Enter requisitions into purchasing system as required.
• Meeting room management for customer visits.
• Purchase catering for visitor meetings.
• Support the preparation of materials for visitor meetings.
• Provide support for other miscellaneous logistics needs for visitors.
• Manage ad hoc requests as they arise.
• H.S Diploma/GED Equivalent with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Admin Assistant role and/or office setting.
• PC literacy – Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
• This position requires effective written and oral communication skills and an exceptionally professional telephone manner.
• Accountable - Takes responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
• Resourceful - Seeks simple solutions to complex problems.
• Able to balance multiple tasks and prioritize workload in a fast paced and demanding environment with short deadlines while maintaining positive attitude and energy.
• An Associate’s Degree is preferred
• Strong ability to create professional presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Experience supporting Senior Level Staff.
• Innovative- Generates new and creative ideas and is open to change.
• Strong attention to detail to ensure timely follow-up and bring all issues to closure.
• Able to take on ad-hoc assigned tasks, work flexible hours as required.
• Self-sufficient and self-motivated.
• Interfaces with wide array of individuals both in person and remotely.
• Passionate - Demonstrates enthusiasm for what he/she does.