Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Provide Administrative support to the site VPGM and advanced support of multiple staff members in the Leeds office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all day-to day administrative duties are assigned and covered.
- Work closely with the assigned leadership team to ensure effective communication, effective team dynamics and optimal workflow.
- Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, and reports for VPGM and leadership team
- Participate in meetings and projects, as needed
- Manage the Leeds office to include, supplies, office phone and cell phone listings, employee door name signs
- Maintain files
- Applies advanced skills and procedures to a variety of time sensitive, report oriented tasks.
- Manage and route phone calls appropriately
- Schedule in-house and external meetings
- Make travel arrangements and process expense reports for VPGM and team
- Distribute incoming mail
- Prepare Insurance certifications
- Manage Purchase requisitions
- Manage call-in report(s)
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality in all aspects of services provided.
- Proven ability to show and demonstrate on a consistent basis, initiative, professionalism, drive for results, and knowledge within the organization.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Possess an engaging and approachable style for interaction with internal and external employees/customers
- Ability to make sound decisions and take necessary actions
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment, as required
- Ability to lift and move office supplies weighing up to 15 pounds
- Experience with MS Office Suite required – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Concur and SAP desired
Bachelors Degree in Business or Other
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.