Administrative Assistant $1000 Sign on Bonus
Job SummaryProvides administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling requests for information, receiving visitors, preparing travel schedules, arranging calls and scheduling meetings. Supports a medium to large team or a senior level manager
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance):
- Assist with programs, projects, processes, and the preparation and control of records, statistics, compile and run adhoc reports, quality management, personnel, facilities and operations.
- Maintains goodwill and provides exceptional service to all customers, potential customers and associates.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance, preparation, completeness and accuracy of required documentation and to facilitate the timely movement of goods.
- Arrange and coordinate business travel for managers, directors, or other division heads and maintain complex changeable calendars.
- Performs administrative tasks such as answering, screening and forwarding inbound telephone calls, providing information, taking messages, and manage projects and purchase orders across all five JLABS locations.
- Scan, file, fax, word processing, and prepare/edit presentations
- Performs others duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications):
- Associate degree in business or secretarial science (two-year program) or equivalent experience; bachelor's degree in business or liberal arts desirable
- Previous experience in customer service and/or sales preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently):
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a high degree of tact and courtesy in dealing with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adept at developing and maintaining detailed administrative and procedural processes.
- Ability to manage sensitive, complex, confidential information
- Strong computer skills; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite: communicate with all levels via email and project updates.
- Detail oriented, with good organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, manage time, problem solve, and work independently as well as part of a team are crucial
- High energy, flexible, and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
- Professional appearance and presentation
- Provide backup to other administrative roles
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions):
- Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation