Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons has been successful in winning environmental and mining projects in Northern Canada and will be aggressively pursuing additional northern projects. We are a world-class leader in providing in-depth engineering, construction, technical, and management services. Our employees deliver landmark commercial, industrial, environmental, energy, power, and renewable infrastructure — and provide innovative solutions to complex environmental, water quality, supply, treatment, watershed, and wastewater projects. We hire colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on solving project challenges in a high-energy environment. Parsons is helping to build a healthier and more sustainable world.
Parsons is now hiring an Administrative Assistant to support our Faro Mine site.
In this role you will perform various administrative, clerical, data collection, data entry, and report writing tasks specific to assigned project or work group. Most assignments require familiarity with standard Company processes and good PC skills.
- Gathers statistics and general data; reviews and combines this information into established reports for use within and outside the unit. May develop new reports or revise existing reports, as directed. Such reports may be in spreadsheet or graphical formats, or narrative style word processing.
- May be responsible for verifying data gathered, such as matching supplier invoices against file copies.
- Distributes reports as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Originates correspondence and reports not requiring the personal attention of immediate supervisor.
- Answers telephone, taking and relaying messages. Receives, sorts, and distributes mail.
- May establish and maintain records of equipment, including a log of equipment service dates.
- May initiate requests for service.
- May obtain basic data for completion of the unit's overhead budget and prepare associated recurring reports.
- May produce a comparative report of actual expenditures against budget as directed.
- May coordinate physical space requirements for the assigned unit.
- May periodically prepare an occupancy report by project or gather information to complete staffing reports for the unit and/or several projects, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- High School Diploma 3+ years of relevant experience
- Good business English and general office practice skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills, as well as a working knowledge of MS Windows and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, is required.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.