Looking to join a diversified, family-owned US Best Managed Company? As we continue to proudly invest in future generations of innovators Grain Processing Corporation, a member of the Kent Corporation family of companies, has an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Administrative Assistant!
This administrative role supports production at the GPC plant in Washington, IN. The role will support rail and truck logistics, inventory control, and documentation for finished products.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of various production reports
- Organize and maintain documentation in SharePoint
- Respond to internal or external business inquiries via phone or email
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets
- Review Quality software to ensure product shipped meets customer specification
- Coordination of product shipping duties, including, but not limited to: documentation of product shipments, inspection sheets, calendar updates
- Maintain scale tickets for trucks and railcars
- Handle the administrative work for returned product
- Greet and assist visitors in the Operations Building
- Other duties assigned that support the production departments of the plant
- High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and PowerPoint) and ability to learn other company specific software
- Previous administrative experience in a production environment
- Previous experience with a Business Enterprise application (i.e. SAP, Microsoft AX)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as basic math skills
- Proven time management skills and ability to multitask
- Self-motivated to learn and ability to be flexible with changing priorities
- Solution and customer service oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- This position typically works Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. with occasional overtime.
- This position will rotate production department duties with other administrative assistants in a similar role. Will also cover time off and absences as needed.