The Administrative Assistant will support customers, production, and office administration for Specialty Motors Inc.
• Supporting customers via e-mail, phone, and other channels.
• Acknowledging Sales Orders (SO) and Invoicing to Customers
• Sales Order Processing (create SO, Confirm SO and create Work Orders (WO’s)
• Front desk, attending all visitors to the company.
• Answering general phone calls and checking messages and mail.
• Manage cycle counts, days w/o loss time, and other data collection and entering.
• Daily receiving & scanning process.
• Company activities coordinator.
• Processes and updates customer orders/quotes and/or changes orders/quotes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 0 to 2 years customer service-related experience.
* 1-3 years in a fast-paced, mid-volume environment.
• High school education or equivalent.
• Proven ability using the Internet and Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with ability to learn other software as needed.
• Experience using MRP/ERP system SAGE 100 and/ or other Customer database Management system is a plus.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
• Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization
• Ability to work independently/in a group setting/with direct supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.