NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
NV5, Inc. has been established in Truckee, CA for over twenty years providing Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Environmental Services. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day, non-technical, non-engineering activities of the office with a strong focus on identifying opportunities to improve procedures, strengthen customer service and build a healthy work environment. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with senior office staff to monitor and maintain daily operations.
- Operating the telephone system.
- Maintaining office supplies inventory, placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; and coordinating maintenance of office equipment.
- Performing general clerical duties, including but not limited to photocopying, scanning, mailing, package tracking, filing, office organization and presentation.
- Maintain standards for records management, filing systems and file maintenance.
- Setting up and coordinating meetings, conferences and travel arrangements for staff.
- Oversee office sub-lessees.
- Maintain Truckee vehicle fleet.
- Entering project information into software management database for project setup.
- Setting up clients/vendors and requesting vendor and sub-consultant information.
- Manage vendor and client requests, including certificates of insurance, progress payment forms.
- Update project information in project management database.
- Serve as a liaison between the corporate IT department and our office to help identify hardware/software needs and coordinate installation.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a High-school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge and operation of standard office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers, always emphasizing the importance of customer service.
- Strong prioritizing, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering and geologic terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of Deltek software preferred.
Physical and Environmental Factors:
- Occasional ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent sitting at desk for extended periods.
- Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment (telephone, radio, cell).
- Intermittently walk, stand, kneel, bend, and stoop.
- May be required to operate a company or personal vehicle for local company business.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours.
- Must adhere to company safety practices and policies.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.