Performs administrative functions within a department, multiple departments, production facility, warehouse or other company location.
- Provide a broad range of administrative support for one or more managers within a department or facility
- Learn and follow departmental and company practices, policies, and programs
- Research, compile, and analyze information
- Develop, edit, and proofread reports, letters, and other documents using PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and/or other software
- Make appointments, travel arrangements, and meeting arrangements, and coordinate activities between departments and outside vendors
- Answer telephones, screen calls, and forward messages
- Open, sort, and route mail to the appropriate parties as needed
- Assist with clerical activities such as copying, sorting, mailing, or filing as needed
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least two (2) years of experience in a clerical type position
- Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to create reports containing graphs and other intermediate functions (e.g. perform mail merge, insert table of contents)
- Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets and perform intermediate functions (e.g. create formulas, insert graphs, pivot tables)
- Microsoft PowerPoint skills to include the ability to create and generate presentations (e.g. add slides, insert an image, move and resize objects)
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, quality, and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
- Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to identify issues, compare data, investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
- SAP experience
- Previous experience in a high-volume distribution center/warehouse
- Previous experience with payroll systems
Overview: Dart makes everyday products that give people the freedom to enjoy the food & drinks they love, wherever they are. From to-go containers and dinnerware to tamper-evident food packaging and even the red Solo cup, Dart products have been keeping people on the go and having fun for more than 50 years. Dart is a family-owned, family-focused company of 13,000 employees united by a shared set of values. Headquartered in Mason, MI, Dart has 30 locations in four countries.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
*THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at [email protected] Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.