EMCOR Services Combustioneer is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Founded in 1929, Combustioneer offers complete mechanical contracting services from engineering, design, installation and service to HVAC, plumbing, process piping systems, refrigeration and building automation for commercial, institutional and industrial clients.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
EMCOR Services Combustioneer has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in Lanham, Maryland. This position will be responsible for assisting operations and functional leadership in compliance with company policies, procedures and documentation. Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Division Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily incoming calls for the division
- Issue purchase orders and sub agreements to suppliers and subcontractors as requested by managers and technicians
- Match vendor invoices to POs and submit for manager’s approval
- Process procurement card purchases and maintain accurate records for division’s cardholders
- Set up and maintain files for projects, service contracts, and work orders
- Process customer billings for service and project work on a weekly and monthly basis
- Process weekly payroll and maintain accurate payroll records for the division
- Assist with preparing monthly reports and meeting materials
- Assist with customer bids
- Assist with coordination of safety, compliance, and other training
- Assist accounting department with annual audit requests and other compliance and research projects
- Assist with onboarding new technicians
- Prepare standard and ad hoc reports for management, as required
- Provide administrative support to division’s managers and technicians
- Handle mailing, filing, scanning, and other office duties for the division
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years in an administrative assistant’s function; Microsoft Office, Adobe and ERP system experience required.
- Outstanding communication and multitasking skills as well as handling high number of phone calls and emails from both external customers and internal stakeholders required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with mean pivot tables, charts, data manipulation, light data modeling and formulas preferred
- Previous experience with Industry Trade Services / Construction or similar industry desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication, self-motivated and interpersonal skills.
- Must have extreme attention to detail, experience handling sensitive and confidential data, superior organizational skills and multitasking ability to meet overlapping deadlines.
- Highly motivated with ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have professional and welcoming attitude and experience managing a processional office.
- Experience in an Electrical Services / Construction environment is preferred.
EMCOR Services Combustioneer requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Services Combustioneer is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled