As posted by the hiring company
Job DescriptionOf the nearly 300K patients in the US diagnosed with complement driven renal diseases (CDRD), 25%- 50% will progress to end stage kidney disease (ESKD) within a decade of diagnosis. These patients with IgA Nephropathy (IgAN), C3 Glomerulopathy (C3G), atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome (aHUS), and Membranous Nephropathy (MN) are often young, and the impacts of the diseases can be devastating, taking a toll on both the body and our healthcare system. At Novartis, we are committed to transforming treatment for CDRDs by targeting the underlying disease path with the aim of slowing disease progression and preserving kidney function for as long as possible. Ultimately, we want to extend the dialysis-free life for patients.
We are building a passionate team to reach beyond our 35-year heritage of delivering kidney transplant medicines and define the next era of treatments for these rare and often progressive kidney diseases. We are looking for a highly strategic and customer focused Thought Leader Liaison who will play an important role in helping improve the lives of patients. If you are highly energized and passionate with an agile mindset and collaborative spirit that wants to join a team of change-makers, we look forward to hearing from you.
The TLL Renal, New England will be a field-based role and the geography for the territory covers primarily the following states: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire. This position must live within the geography and for larger geographies must be near major metropolitan airport.
The Thought Leader Liaison (TLL) is a customer-facing role within Marketing responsible for engaging and building productive relationships with Thought Leaders, other key influencers, and associated organizations/institutions within the Renal therapeutic area(s). This responsibility includes - curating advocacy and support, contributing to HCP education delivery and effectiveness, and gathering and sharing insights from the Thought Leader community within their assigned geographic area.
The TLL will curate advocacy for their respective brand(s), and/or the organization 1) through personal engagements using approved material, 2) by compliantly coordinating and facilitating engagements/activities between their thought leaders and their cross-functional partners (eg. Marketing, Peer education, Medical Affairs, etc.), and 3) by serving as a key point of contact between their thought leaders and the organization.
The TLL is responsible for educating and aligning the Thought Leaders to our Strategic Imperatives. They are accountable for pulling through Brand Initiatives with the Thought Leaders.
In partnership with the Education Delivery Team and Medical Affairs, the TLL will contribute to HCP education by speaker nomination and readiness given their knowledge and relationships with their thought leaders.
The TLL will also serve as moderator/faculty for educational activities (eg. Peer Exchange). The TLL will contribute to the identification and execution of educational activities/opportunities (e.g. Product Theaters).
Given their exposure to the Thought Leader community, the TLL will seek and gather observations and insights from their thought leaders and triage them to the appropriate function within the organization to further inform commercial strategy, tactics and decisions.
The TLL will also have responsibility for liaison and coordination of national/regional conferences, state society meetings and patient advocacy events (as appropriate).
The TLL will align across the Novartis organization to coordinate thought leader interactions and deliver a cohesive customer experience during these events.
Minimum requirements• Advocacy Development
• Insight Gathering
• Educational Effectiveness
• Conventions and Congresses
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA or Advanced degree Preferred
• English written and spoken, additional languages are desirable
• At least 5 years of experience in Thought Leader engagement experience within the pharmaceutical industry (eg. thought leader liaison, account manager, medical science liaison, regional marketing, medical publications/communications, etc.)
• Renal therapeutic area experience/expertise- Highly preferred
• Ability to travel 80% of time
• Proven ability to develop productive relationships with physicians and other healthcare professionals
• Ability to develop and execute key strategies
• Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and influence others
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, strong teamwork and collaborative skills and mindset
• Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence
• Ability to prioritize, negotiate and problem solve, think creatively and conceptually
• Strong analytical skills and presentation skills as well as financial/budgetary experience
• Proven ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.