If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 67016
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of BAW/SAW filters for standalone and integrated products. The candidate will work with a group of domestic and international filter designers performing modeling, filter design, and device characterization. This includes presentation of design reviews which are expected to demonstrate compliance to the specifications using simulation and measured results. The Filter designers will work closely with power amplifier (PA) designers, RF switch designers, systems engineers, and other module design engineers to co-design RF modules products.
The filter design engineer’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Designing BAW- and SAW-based duplexers, quadplexers, and other filters for broad market applications
• Designing evaluation boards and RF modules or portions thereof for optimal filter performance
• Electromagnetic modeling of filters in their module environment
• Filter integration into front end modules
• Utilizing design of experiments (DOE) and other experimental methods to improve filter performance and model correlation
• Laying out photo masks and completing necessary documentation for filter fabrication
• Assembling, measuring, deembedding, and reporting on the performance of filters and filter modules
• Participating in and conducting design reviews
Software tools used include:
• Ansys HFSS and Mechanical
• Keysight ADS and Momentum
• Cadence SIP and Virtuoso
• Various custom filter design and modeling applications
• Possess a broad understanding of RF analog component performance characterization via Smith Chart, tuning via passives, etc).
• Understand basic device physics and have the ability to use advanced modeling techniques to design filters.
• Strong skills in EM modeling and RF simulation tools (HFSS, Cadence, ADS, AWR, etc.).
• Strong communication skills, able to break down complex problems, set priorities, report progress, and execute to a schedule.
• BSEE and 11 years related experience, or MSEE and 8 years experience or Ph.D. and 6 years experience with a focus on RF, SAW, BAW, or PiezoMEMS discipline.
• Experience in RFIC design, SAW/BAW Filter Design, or RF module and front-end system design is a plus.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.