Join the hundreds of talented and innovative team members who are making an impact every day at California Times, incorporating Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune, two of the most iconic media brands in the nation. Whether you love to tell compelling stories or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the Los Angeles Times team is the place to be.
Job Description Summary
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing and monitoring invoices from receipt through payment confirmation, setting up new vendor accounts and managing existing accounts, and correspondence for internal and external inquiries. Additional responsibilities include processing weekly payments, assisting with unclaimed property research, and performing other duties within the Department.
- Process and monitor invoices from receipt, through coding and approval workflows, to payment confirmation.
- Set-up new vendor accounts and make changes to existing vendor accounts--obtain and review required documentation, determine accurate tax and withholding statuses, and perform watch-list searches.
- Manage and respond to external and internal inquiries on invoices and payment statuses.
- Maintain electronic files and other supporting documentation as required.
- Assist in processing weekly payments and rush payments, as needed.
- Assist with unclaimed property research.
- Perform other duties within the department, as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Must be able to utilize computers, software systems, and tools.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and adaptively in a team setting.
- Attention to detail, organization, and thoroughness
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- Previous Accounting Software use experience a plus
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and produce high-quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.