If you are an awesome Accounts Payable Specialist who wants to lead the processing and make great money while working at a rapidly growing company, we highly encourage you to keep reading!
Who we are: We are cheese makers, meat-mixers, forklift drivers, lab techs, sales representatives, money counters, line operators, marketers, and so much more. We are family people, single people, hardworking people, silly people, inclusive people, happy people. In short, we are a melting pot of people and skillsets, and we’d love to welcome you to the mix.
What we do: Our mission is to nourish our communities, customers, and consumers with high quality, authentic Hispanic foods. We aspire to be part of every Hispanic-influenced meal or snacking occasion, and we work to accomplish this by being one of the leading manufacturers of Hispanic products sold throughout the U.S.
Hungry for more?
- Finish reading this job overview.
- Immediately drop what you’re doing & follow your gut-feeling to apply now.
- We’ll get right back to you to chat more about your dream job.
- Once we both agree that we’re meant to be together, the rest is history.
- You’ll make great money, score amazing benefits, and enjoy growing & developing here.
So go ahead, we’re waiting for your application!
Job Summary: Under guidance from the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Lead will lead projects related to financial, administrative, and clerical services to facilitate the processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and providing services in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
- Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Verifies payments before CFO’s signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
- Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
- Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
- Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable function
- Strong attention to detail and organized time management
- Strong analytical skills with a proactive approach to identifying problems and taking actions to resolve
- Team spirited, self-managed, positive, strong work ethic, and dependable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, with one year of experience in an accounting office; OR three or four years of accounting experience Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times