Processes Accounts Receivable related transactions, reviews and ensures the accuracy application of customer payments and proper coding to the General Ledger.
• Reviews and processes payments made through lock box deposits, courier deposits and credit card payments.
• Regularly reviews aging statements for past due amounts and follows up with the customers.
• Researches discrepancies and follows up with customers.
• Codes cash with correct general ledger account numbers.
• Processes debit and credit memos.
• Maintains proper backup of all payments and adjustments.
• Drives the collection process, including any escalations with external and internal customers
• Reconciles aging to Customer Portals
• Verifies and mails monthly statements.
• Regularly reviews aging statements to identify past due accounts.
• Researches short payments.
• Communicates with management regarding slow paying accounts.
• Handles incoming requests from customers.
• Supports applicable regulations including ISO, Local, State, and/or Federal requirements.
• Customer Maintenance (Set-up)
• Research customer disputes
• Aides Accounts Payable
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Associate’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data- pivot tables & v-lookups (strong excel analytics background)
• Experience with Ad Hoc AR analysis, research and reporting
• Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets; identify process improvement opportunities
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Manufacturing and/ or Distribution background experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
• Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing strong communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to multi-task and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to perform high quality work within assigned deadlines.
• Ability to think strategically and be able to focus on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
• Ability to provide service with integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets.
• Regular, timely attendance.
• Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.