The Airgas employment application takes 5 minutes or less to complete!
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Long Beach, CA
- Regular Business Hours, Monday - Friday
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for administering the accounts receivable assigned portfolio of generally smaller in scope, less complex type accounts. This role is responsible for timely and optimal collection of accounts, maintaining past due as a percent of assigned total aging to management assigned targets, and allowing minimal bad debt. This position requires the ability to work well with all levels within the Airgas and external customer to ensure collection objectives are met. Through effective internal and external communication, this position supports Division collection goals while providing stellar customer service. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will also provide general customer support when requesting information or addressing various standard inquiries.
- Communicate directly with internal and external customers to resolve AR issues, including:
- Documenting customer disputes in Systems Application & Products SAP. This includes obtaining a complete understanding of the dispute, and possibly performing preliminary research, so it can be adequately communicated to the customer and/or Tier II support (AR/Disputes Specialist).
- Escalating AR concerns, issues, risks, etc. pursuant to established Credit & Collection Department guidelines.
- Evaluating and performing customer order releases in response to field requests within the scope of responsibility or refer to a supervisor for assistance.
- Contacting customers directly to request payment. This includes assertively pursuing collection of past due balances while maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Providing customers with any supporting documentation they may need in order to pay. Performing elementary research of individual documents for proof of deliveries, cylinder exchanges, contract pricing and so forth.
- Receive and process the payment if a ‘first call’ resolution results in a customer payment.
- Correct common errors (including billing errors) or misapplied payments and escalates more complex matters to an AR/Disputes Specialist.
- Document critical customer situations including: logging conversations, e-mails and other communications related to resolution efforts in order to assist with any follow up efforts.
- Assist with training and developing new team members as assigned by management.
- Develop and maintains quality relationships with AR/Disputes Specialist, Accounts Receivable Analyst, Customer Service Support associates, branch managers, account managers and area sales managers.
- Review and or attend updated CS2 education courses frequently in order to re-energize/re-emphasize the importance of customer relationships during the collection process.
- Perform special projects and other necessary duties as assigned by management.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School Diploma/GED required. College degree in business management, accounting, or finance preferred.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Experienced in a business to business environment, order to cash and/or business collections is required.
- Ability to utilize prior credit and collection experience.
- Experience with understanding the fundamentals of billing/invoicing.
- Understanding of SAP or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to analyze/problem solve various situations.
- Flexible in working cross-functionally while influencing individuals within the organization without having direct authority.
- Ability to see the credit operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
- Understands the credit/collection and dispute resolution processes.
- Emotional intelligence as it pertains to communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interactive team oriented mindset with a motivation to enhance process improvement.
- Proficient in Google Suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides and Gmail).
- Ability to multi-task multiple priorities in a manner that is both timely and efficient within appropriate deadlines.
- Able to problem solve both routine/non-routine issues and know when to escalate more critical situations.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer care with a “client service” mindset with the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
- Develops and maintains strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work and navigate within a complex, matrixed organization.
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly-changing environment while embracing new technologies/tools.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Employer will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.