Supports the Accounting department in various A/R activities. Emphasis will be on applying cash receipts, communicating with customers regarding remittance information and collections on past due accounts
- Manage customer remittances and apply daily cash (35%)
- Send communication to customers regarding payments (confirm payment dates and follow-up on delinquent payments). (35%)
- Work with Customer Service and Sales on set-up of new customers, adjusting payment terms, ensuring system pricing is correct. (15%)
- Generate weekly and monthly A/R reports. (5%)
- Participate in month end closing activities related to A/R (5%)
- Document and maintain policies, procedures, and training material as required. (5%)
- Engage in cross-training with other members in the accounting department
- Complete special assignments and requests as directed by management timely and accurately.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent years of experience in a related field.
3 to 6 years of experience working in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Generally accepted accounting principles (E)
- General accounting structure, policies, and procedures (E)
- Working knowledge of ERP and Accounting software systems (J)
- PC hardware and software concepts and techniques (J)
- Proficient use of MS Office including Excel and Access (J)