- Provide leadership and development to the receivable staff.
- Responsible for Collection efforts and review of receivables for Credit Risk.
- Manages Accounts Receivable processes which include but are not limited to the following: collections, daily cash posting, returns, payment research, unapplied payments, and returned checks.
- Continuously reviews processes to ensure proper and adequate controls are in place and functioning to safeguard Company assets.
- Manages cash application processes which include but are not limited to the following: recording customer payments, customer account reconciliations, customer price adjustments, bank deposit preparation and cash reconciliations.
- Ensure vendors are properly updated and accurately maintained.
- Maintain 1099 vendors and prepare yearly forms and reporting; adhere to IRS regulations.
- Develops and implements tactical plans to create efficiencies and improve effectiveness in areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Information Technology to develop improvements and enhancements to systems.
- Develop reporting and analytics for management.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting quarterly coaching appraisals for direct reports, ensuring compliance with training requirements, and development of direct reports and the overall team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment, overtime may be required.
Office equipment including telephone, fax machine, copier, computer, calculator, shredder, and printer.
- 2-3 years Accounts Receivable/Payable processing experience
- 2-3 years management experience preferred;
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Apprise experience preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Works well both independently, and in a team environment, with minimal direct supervision or direction
- Must be effective, efficient, and able to make fact-based decisions
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects