Salary Exempt (United States of America)
Altium Packaging, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We are an essential business and still hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
This position directs and oversees the accounts receivable staff and reporting responsibilities, including internal and external deliverables, collaborates with internal and external customers, while providing the Business with analysis and trends related to cash flow, cash forecasting and customer payment trends with a focus on continuous improvement.
Essential Functions- Roles/Responsibilities
- Along with the Sr. Manager of Shared Services (SS), work with the business to establish service level agreements that clarify expectations and performance expectations for the AR shared services function – as well as related commitments needed from the business
- Along with the Sr. Manager of SS, function as a business partner to the Company leadership team including Sales, Operations and other key stakeholders across the Company.
- Along with the Sr. Manager of SS, planning and execution of acquisition(s) integration into the Company’s core systems, standard procedures, adoption and adherence of policies
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure AR team performance execution and use as a basis for identifying and managing end-to-end order-to-cash process improvement opportunities.
- Help establish credit and collections policies, execution ownership and periodic reviews to ensure that internal controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommendations, measure execution and drive closure of corrective actions
- Provide analytical and process expertise, hyper-focused on cash forecasting and reduction in aged receivables
- Serve as the key point of contact for Commercial leadership as it relates to collections management and customer payment term compliance
- Strategically review collection reports and key metrics with an emphasis on trend analysis to uncover strengths and weaknesses of collection efforts
- Assist with bankrupt accounts to assure proper bankruptcy procedure is followed locally
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead related change implementation
- Oversight and / or execution of period end reconciliations, internal and external reporting deliverables
- Own and administer company AR policies and procedures
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related areas.
- Minimum of 10 years of AR management experience with a history of service level improvements, acquisition management and system implementation.
- Strong knowledge of the order-to-cash process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills are required. This position involves frequent contact with internal customers / stakeholders within our various functions, as well as external customers.
- Ability and experience leading, driving organizational and process change.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong people management/leadership skills including mentoring and coaching of staff, clarifying roles and responsibilities, and fostering cross functional teamwork
- Team player with the ability to manage in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing environments & priorities
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing industry, robotic process automation, project management, and in a Shared Services organization.
- JD Edwards and industry leading automation software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource – Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. In addition to medical, dental and vision plans, company holidays and vacation days, tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities, bonus potential, and a 401(k) plan with company contributions, Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs and opportunities to make a difference in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Take your career to the next level at Altium Packaging!