For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
The successful incumbent for this role will have the opportunity to support both the U.S. and foreign affiliate accounts receivable functions, assist with more complex transactions (such as spreadsheet data entry and analysis), complex journal entries across multiple affiliates, assist in the review and decision making for sales order releases, and will be instrumental in coordinating projects through completion. This position will lead meetings, train incoming staff, resolve accounts related issues and evaluate business needs.
- Reviews and resolves smaller balances based on debt alert review, often requiring complex research for invoicing, delivery, and PO issues
- Resolves tax shortages on account, requiring coordination with external customers and our internal tax department to ensure resolution
- Resolves key MSA account resolution of aged shortages and balances, requiring a coordinated effort with buyer/planners, AP departments, and internal MSA customer service
- Initiates monthly billing process with affiliates
- Uploads customer invoices on various portals
- Actively participates in team meetings, offering solutions and suggestions that will add value to department goals
- Initiates, tests and communicates impact of system changes
- Completes and enhances AR process documentation
- Acts as a backup for cash application for lockboxes
- Leads the effort to gather information needed for quarterly and year-end audit requests
- Fields questions and customer issues related to invoicing, tax adjustments, pricing, and other complex order issues
- Coordinates efforts with third party agencies to assist with questions and account related issues
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual closing activities, including various reporting and accounting adjustments necessary to meet specified closing deadlines
- Coordinates the completion of all monthly lockboxes, ensuring all cash has been posted correctly
- Secures, safeguards and maintains confidentiality of customer master data information
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills including a demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and establish strong relationships with business partners.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; familiarity with web-based applications.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, including the proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and work in a structured, deadline driven setting.
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through on assignments to ensure resolution.
- Proven ability to think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations for resolving issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to multitask both working with external customers and handling internal customer needs, including audit requests.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word/Excel & technical capabilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of accounting or relevant experience.
- Accounts Receivable Specialist Certification.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related discipline.
- Experience with creating journal entries.