Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021811 Accounts Receivable & Collections Specialist (Open)
To administer all Collection activity and entry level credit assessments within assigned area of responsibility.
*****Greif is offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus to new employees*****
- Performs day to day collection activity on assigned accounts receivable portfolio.
- Review delinquent customer payment trends for corrective action. Takes appropriate action on collection and delinquency issues. Negotiate and manage customer payment plans.
- Maintains a cooperative problem solving relationship with customers, the sales organization and manufacturing to ensure for the prompt turnover of receivables.
- Assists with Dispute Management process working with customer service and sales on outstanding disputed items. Research and provide required documentation for collection or credit memo processing.
- Performs “entry level” Credit review and processes. Evaluates new / existing customer’s credit worthiness, establishing credit limits and guidelines within assigned levels of approval. Establish Credit Limits by performing payment history and brief financial reviews to analyze the following but not limited to information: Corporate Description, Company Officers, Number of years in business, number of employees, payments within industry, Annual Sales, Net Profit, Cash Flow, DSO figures within industry, credit references, and etc.
- Provides resolution to customer’s daily orders through Credit holds and blocked orders.
- Provides various accounts receivable reporting to Supervisor Credit & Collections Administration.
- Manage Dunning Process within their Portfolio.
- Facilitate small customer collections with Plant Locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college course history.
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounts receivable or commercial credit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of computers and related business software programs.
- Basic understanding of accounting principals and financial statements.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.