To be responsible for managing cash-inflow activities for the organization; Serving as a conduit to identify business partner issues such as disputes with customers and summarize information so that the issues can be resolved; Managing the internal control assessment activity for the Finance organization by working collaboratively with the various operational groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accountability # 1 – A/R – 75%:
- Manages customer receivables ensuring accuracy and timely resolution of activities that impact aging and customer accounts. Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process daily payment transactions from Lockbox activity using daily composite reports and other payments received via direct mail.
- The document, research, and process payment discrepancies.
- Work closely with supervisor, customer service, logistics, sales, and brokers in determining customer payment discrepancies.
- Familiarization with multiple customer portals in an effort to obtain appropriate documentation regarding customer accounts.
- credit adjustments issued for the current reporting month compared to previous months
- Maintain a list of key contacts for each customer account in S2K.
- Manages the collection activities by collaborating with the various team members such as Sales and Customer Service to eliminate all obstacles creating disputes/chargebacks with our customers.
- Prepare and organize documentation necessary to collect payment for chargebacks and invoices
- A follow-up to ensure all actions are completed in order for payment to be made.
- Other Receivable Activities and Responsibilities
- Professionally handles all incoming calls from customers including returning the calls and expediting requests in a timely manner.
- Will interface with inside and outside auditors to share information and coordinate periodic reviews and where necessary drive the implementation of corrective actions.
- Input and post monthly revenue entries into the GL
- Perform monthly receivable related reconciliations of designated GL accounts
- Be involved with or lead CIP projects as time or capabilities allow
- Maintain and prepare reports for ledger accounts and analyze variance according to Account Receivable policies
- Monitor and collect data from various customer locations and analyze credit exposure.
- Process Credit Hold Releases ensuring that credit exposure has been validated before the release of the company product
- Maintain Broker Commission Files in S2K and assist with the payment process as needed
- Manage customer deduction activities through the company deduction policy
- Participate in month/year-end close procedures
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned per the company’s business needs
Accountability # 2 – Communications – 20%:
- Promptly informs Manager of known or anticipated problems
- Ensures clear and timely communication within the department and with other departments to maximize quality, productivity and minimize downtime
- Acts as a problem solver and team player
- Communicates with the Supervisor significant issues or developments identified during routine activities and actions being taken to improve the situation
- Presents technical information and or procedures to the team
- Effectively communicates with all departments, team members, supervisors, and management
Accountability # 3 – Personal Growth – 5%:
- Exercises tact and discretion in interpersonal contacts.
- Continuously work to improve A/R processes through technology or quality improvements
- Respects confidentiality of privileged information
- Supports the Company Values
- Demonstrates commitment to continued personal and professional growth and development
- Work Ethic
- Time Management
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Customer Focus
- Respectful of Others