View more related jobs
The Accounts Payable Specialist works with individuals at the Plant and Corporate levels as well as those external to the organization to process vendor invoices. The position reports to the Controller.
- Process 100+ vendor invoices, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation and approval exists.
- Match information on invoice to purchase order, packing slip, other supporting documentation. If there are discrepancies, proactively investigate, contacting the purchasing agent and or vendor.
- Ensure invoices are coded with the correct general ledger accounts and cost centers.
- Determine if a use tax liability exists and if so, calculate, and code amount.
- Ensure that new vendor applications and modification requests to existing vendors are appropriate, following Company established procedures.
- Create initial supplier payment processing file for review.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- High School diploma required/Associates Degree Preferred
- Keyboarding/Data entry skills