SUMMARY: We are looking for a reliable and precise professional with a strong work ethic to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Analyst will maintain current accounts and assist in invoicing functions. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can analyze invoices, purchasing and receiving documents, expense reports, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors.
Salary: Up to $29/hr.
Accountability # 1 – Essential Job Functions – 80% (include but not limited to):
- Sort and distribute incoming invoices focusing on tracking the authorization process for proper expense reporting
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, approval, and proper ledger coding prior to payment
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices ensuring variances are properly validated and approved
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests, prepare wire transfer information, and get authorization for timely payments
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance and issuance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Prepare new vendor set-up documentation and file accordingly including, but not limited to, W-9’s and COI’s.
- May be asked to assist with reconciliation of related balance sheet accounts monthly
- Maintain proper control logs designated by Accounting Supervisor
- May be asked to assist with preparing daily AP status report for cash reporting
- Assist with month-end closing of A/P per close schedule (balance AP GL accounts and run all month-end reports)
- Assist as required with annual bank and other audits
- Assist with Sales and Use Tax and Unclaimed Property reporting
- Maintain AP System 2000 manual and non-systems Departmental Procedures
- Audit and process credit card bills using Concur expense reporting tool
- Participate as an active member of Mariani’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Assist with other projects as needed
Accountability # 2 – Communications – 15%:
- Ensures clear and timely communication within department and with other departments to maximize quality, productivity and minimize down time
- Maintains good working relationships with all payees
- Acts as a problem solver and team player
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with an integrated AP/General Ledger system a must.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during routine activities and actions being taken to improve the situation
Accountability # 3 – Personal Growth – 5%:
- Exercises tact and discretion in interpersonal contacts
- Respects confidentiality of privileged information
- Supports the Company Values
- Demonstrates commitment to continued personal and professional growth and development
Accountability # 5 – Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and /or move 10 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Ethic
- Time Management
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Customer Focus
- Respectful of Others