Granite City Electric Supply Company is the area's premier electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are proud to be the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for maintaining and processing the accounting and clerical tasks associated with payable accounts and related transactions. Accounts payable professionals are responsible for taking complete care of such accounts and releasing timely and accurate payments to suppliers in order to maintain good working relations with them. Responsibilities are coordinated within the accounts payable team. Position requires initiative, independent thinking, attention to detail and good judgment.
- Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
- Basic understanding of accounting functions.
- Familiarity with computerized payables systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently process data.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to coordinate activities and efforts within a team oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Good time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Results oriented approach to tasks, assignments and responsibilities.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work required hours and additional time as may be necessary to meet reporting requirements.
- Ability to adapt to changes in business conditions.
The Accounts Payable Specialist position is responsible for the timely execution of the following activities:
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices for payment
- Review invoices and electronic submissions for verification of PO match or appropriate authorization and adherence to policy.
- Monitor and follow up on outstanding approvals
- Basic understanding of GL coding
- Responsible for the review of vendor statements and resolution of discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve vendor chargebacks.
- Process checks.
- Respond to and resolve vendor and internal customer inquiries
- Assist with special projects and prepare reports as appropriate.
- Develop a relationship with our suppliers to allow for open dialog regarding payment terms, payment methods and resolution of discrepancies
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study; and/or minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience including accounts payable.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
Granite City offers competitive wages, great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.