ECHO Incorporated is an industry leader in developing and manufacturing high-performance, professional-grade, handheld outdoor power equipment. With distributors and thousands of dealers across North and South America, ECHO is constantly anticipating the future of the outdoor power equipment industry and the need for environmental sustainability. Working for ECHO means joining a team of people who are committed to collaboration, innovation, creativity, and high-quality products that make us a globally competitive brand.
We are adding an Accounts Payable Specialist to our team.
This is a hybrid position that will offer the flexibility of working from home and on-site at our Lake Zurich facility.
Some of our benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- Extremely affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid PTO
- 5% 401K match
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day invoice processing at Echo, Incorporated. Administration includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assists in entire aspect of accounts payable: Verifies receiving reports and purchase orders, matches vendor invoices with receivers and PO's, coding vendor invoices, cutting checks and prepares for mailing to vendor, troubleshoots errors and problems.
- Processes debit memos to vendors including verification of quantities and prices and matching to receivers and updating records.
- Process check requests and expense reports submitted by employees: checks for accuracy, verifies supporting documentation, codes to general ledger.
- Backup for distribution of mail for Accounting Department and maintaining vendor files. Obtains and maintains W-9 information from vendors, prepares monthly accruals for non-inventory invoices and employee expenses, process wire transfers in A/P system, investigates and resolves old items on the monthly open receiver report.
- Monitors unpaid invoices; works with production purchasing personnel for timely processing of invoices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior experience in accounts payable is required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft excel and basic Excel formulas.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail and focus on the accuracy of keyed data
- Familiar with Infor/XA.
- Some college or an associate’s degree in accounting is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Open to process improvements
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.