Accounts Payable Specialist
Vertellus is a dynamic international company, based in Indianapolis, IN, with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Our company is also a leading provider in the world of specialty chemicals for the agriculture, nutrition, pharmaceutical, fine chemicals, medical, personal care, plastics, coatings and many other industrial markets. Our products are in the things you use every day – toothpaste, deodorants, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, detergents, plastics, adhesives, inks, tires and more. Our culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees so that we can focus on providing the best products and solutions to our customers.
Vertellus is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our payable team in our downtown Indianapolis headquarters. The Specialist completes payments and control expenses by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices in a timely and efficient manner.
• Organize and process incoming invoices and supporting documentation
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies
• Reconcile vendor statements
• Participate in monthly closings
• Contribute to corporate projects and initiatives
• Support auditor requests
Being successful in this position requires:
• Strong documentation and file organization skills
• Detail driven and accurate
• Analytical mindset
• Professional, positive, and energetic
• Responsible and reliable
• Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
• An Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing environment
• Prior experience with SAP and/or Concur is preferred
• A team environment with a positive can-do attitude
• Casual dress code
• Low cost downtown parking available
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Life insurance and 401k with employer match
Vertellus offers competitive total compensation packages including benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), disability insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and vacation time. To apply to this position and/or learn more about other career opportunities at Vertellus, please visit us on the web at www.vertellus.com/careers.
Vertellus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
This employer participates in E-verify. Vertellus does not conduct online interviews and we do not charge an application fee.