Job Location: Corporate Headquarters - Fountain Valley, CA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to the Companys Accounts Payable/Credit Manager, primary responsibilities of this role include processing accounts payable, expense reimbursements, customer invoicing, and receiving inventory purchase orders on a routine basis.
- Responsible for accounts payable processing:
- Code invoices and check requests; prepare weekly check run reports; prepare and mail checks according to approved check run reports; submit positive pay data to bank.
- Set up payments as ACH or wires in lieu of checks.
- Investigate and resolve problems
- Set up new vendors and maintain vendor and AP files.
- Prepare credit applications for new vendors as necessary.
- Responsible for expense reimbursement processing:
- Manage Company credit card process.
- Responsible for expense reimbursement tracking and payment processing.
- Obtain supporting documentation as needed.
- Ensure compliance with travel and expense reimbursement policy, bringing any concerns to the attention of manager.
- Support other Accounting Administration processes:
- Back-up support for processing consumer and customer credit card payments
- Produce monthly reports as requested.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Support department record retention and keep filing up-to-date.
- Prepare monthly general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
- Responsible for Purchase Order administration and Inventory Accounting Support:
- Receive inventory purchase orders.
- For inventory purchases, match supplier invoices and inventory receipt documents and enter data into system for payment.
- Back-up for Billing Specialist
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is based in the Fountain Valley, CA office.
Accounts Payable Specialist
- This is a full-time position
- Typical work hours and days are Monday Friday, 7:30 to 4:00pm
- No travel is expected for this position.
- This position does not have any leadership requirements and/or responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of general accounting experience with a minimum of one year of Accounts Payable experience.
- A minimum of one year of Inventory Accounting experience is required.
- Two-year Accounting certificate or equivalent experience.
- Basic accounting skills and demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment and analytics within the positions scope and decision making responsibility.
- Strong PC skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.). Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains ERP or comparable system is a plus.
- Exceptional detail orientation.
- Strong numeric skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume atmosphere and the ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good work ethic and ability to prioritize work is needed to perform daily tasks and meet certain deadlines
Candidate must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with ability to: sit/; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
United Sports Brands is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.