Direct hire with benefits!
The Accounts Payable Manager manages the Accounts Payable and Purchasing department functions. Construction industry experience is a plus
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily supervision and support of Accounts Payable processing staff with the objective of continuous improvement in processing functions of the department. In concert with Human Resources, recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, accounts payable/purchasing staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues per Company policies and procedures. Complete reviews and recommendations for assigned employees’ performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Primary Point of Contact on A/P and Purchasing issues with IES local business units Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for process improvements Troubleshoot Accounts Payable invoices that staff members are unable to process. Manage the day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards. Confirm vendor purchases are properly authorized through purchase order system or approval of authorized Company manager and work with company purchasing personnel to resolve discrepancies. Manage the day-to-day Accounts Payable activities and ensure that all AP Specialists are meeting their personal performance standards. Process weekly check runs to pay invoices when due; Match checks to supporting documentation; Distribute checks to vendors when signed. Maintain vendor master file and assist with month-end closing of accounts payable. Understand sales/use laws as they relate to purchases from vendors and ensure correct tax is paid on Company purchases. Identify accounts payable charges for job costing and assist management in analyzing financial statement charges from accounts payable. Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensures accuracy of financial statements. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must possess the physical ability to operate office equipment.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years recent experience in Accounts Payable.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years recent supervisory experience in Accounts Payable.
- Must have a minimum of four (4)) years recent experience in Purchasing Management
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and general accounting software and have strong typing/data entry skills.
- Must be proficient in ten key by touch.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company’s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work