Precision Aviation Group (PAG) is a full service, inventory supported, MRO provider in the aeronautical field with 21 domestic and international business units. We provide a broad range of products and services, and our client loyalty is founded in the attention and responsiveness we demonstrate before, during, and after the sale. We have an opportunity for an Accounts Payable Manager in our corporate office located in Atlanta, GA.
The AP Manager will oversee the Accounts Payable processes and manage a team of 6 and growing. The AP Manager will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience with automated AP as well as implementing new technology and systems within the AP function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and supervise the AP department, coach and train AP staff
- Maintain and enhance internal control, work cross-functionally within the organization
- Perform month end and periodic reconciliation analysis and reporting
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of finance automation tools
- Initiates stop payments/reissues as needed, and resolves banking issues related to unauthorized transactions
- Process weekly check runs, oversee the credit card, expense report and check request processes
- Manage the monthly closing of the AP system and reconcile payables to the general ledger; prepare and enter journal entries as required
- Evaluates AP team performance by monitoring metrics around invoice accuracy, invoices entered, past due amounts, and Vendor ship-holds
- Maintain positive vendor relations and address escalated vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile monthly vendor statements and follow up on all open issues. Work with vendors and colleagues to resolve payment discrepancies
- Research, resolve and respond to internal and external information requests regarding payment status in a prompt and accurate manner
- Manage annual 1099 process for all related entities
- Identify process improvements for departmental efficiency
- Assist in Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 7 years’ experience, with at least 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with customer service focus
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to succeed in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
We offer competitive pay and wide variety of benefits. Full time associates qualify for health benefits the first of the month following 30 days employment. Options include 4 medical plans, 2 dental plans, vision, base life (company paid), voluntary life, short and long-term disability, flex spending accounts, and telemedicine. Other benefits include: vacation and PTO time accrued with each pay cycle with a vacation carryover/payout option at year end, 9 paid holidays, 401k with company match contributions.
Qualified candidates with strong drive, work ethic and commitment to quality are invited to apply at www.precisionaviationgroup.com using the Careers tab at the bottom of the page.