ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Full Time/Entry Level
Miami, FL, US
Process supplier invoices billed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance to the company policy and departmental guidelines.
Responsibilities for Accounts Payable Clerk
- Process check requests and expense reports on a regular basis
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices
- Perform monthly reconciliations
- Maintain a large number of vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Perform data entry associated with accounts payable
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies
- Address and respond to vendor inquiries
- Ensures all hardcopy and electronic invoices are coded appropriately and forwarded to the necessary departments for approval.
- Prepares monthly reports and reconciles monthly account statements with invoices received.
- Files and retrieves invoices as requested or needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The AP Clerk works under the direct supervision of the Controller, seeking assistance and approval for any issues that fall outside policy or corporate guidelines.
- Regular communication is expected with vendors, Purchasing Department and various departments regarding payment of invoices.
Qualifications for Accounts Payable Clerk
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is preferred
- 0-1 years’ experience with accounts payable or general accounting
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Strong analytic abilities
- Good customer service skills in order to interact with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner
Paid Sick Time
Company paid Life/AD&D
401-K with company matching
Drug free workplace.
Pre-employment drug testing will be required.