Contra Costa Electric, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance.
Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. has a position available as Accounts Payable Clerk to support departments as assigned at the Martinez Home Office. This position reports directly to the Accounting Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing of invoices, employee reimbursements and other payments. This includes, but is not limited to, generating weekly check runs, coding of expenses to cost centers, ensuring payments are supported by appropriate documentation and authorization, vendor statement review and follow-up, and matching, filing, data entry and review of batch inputs as needed.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquires and resolves purchase order and invoice issues.
- Assists with maintaining and filing compliance reporting, including W9, 1099 and Independent Contractor Reporting.
- Monthly reconciliation of AP aging to the GL and month-end accruals.
- Will perform other basic clerical duties associated with the Accounting department.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Backup front desk, including phones, as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Reliable (regular) attendance
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow and perform as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Ability to work independently (without direct supervision) to complete projects on a timely basis
- Effective Oral and Written Communication
- A minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Professional personal appearance and attitude.
Computer Applications used to perform daily tasks:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel) applications.
- Knowledge of Starbuilder and Adobe Reader software preferred.
- Effective telephone / communication skills
- Must have the ability to learn other database software as needed
Salary: Based on work history, experience and qualifications.
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies, and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled